YOU’RE INVITED to SmART Forum!
December 11: 12:30 – 5:30 pm
December 12: 10:30 am – 3 pm
Spend time with national artists as they share insights into using public art and way-finding techniques to enhance Elm Street
This free, two-day, “Big Bang” event is the culmination of Phase 1 of the state-funded SmART Initiative, through which ArtsGreensboro and its partners–the City of Greensboro, Action Greensboro, and Elsewhere–are engaging the downtown community in ways to use arts and culture to drive economic development.
Building on the momentum created as a result of Better Block founder Jason Roberts‘ presentation on September 17 and the Greensboro Better Block project at Hamburger Square during the Bike Summit on October 10, the SmART Greensboro team is bringing three artists/teams from across the country to Greensboro on December 11 and 12.
On Thursday, December 11, the public is invited to join the artists in a walking tour of Elm Street (from Smith Street to Lee Street) and brainstorm opportunities to enhance Greensboro’s major downtown artery.
- Click here to take part in the walking tour (from 12:30 to 2:30 pm Thursday)
- Click here to take part in the brainstorming/ideation session (from 2:30 to 5:30 pm Thursday at the Community Foundation)
On Friday, December 12, the public is invited to a forum with the artists from 10:30 am – 3 pm at the Carolina Theatre.
- 10:30 am: Welcome
- 10:45 am: Team #1: Urban Matter/3×3 (Vanessa Smith & Megan Marini – Brooklyn)
- 11:30 am: Team #2: UrbanRock: (Jeanine Centuori – Los Angeles)
- 12:15 pm: Lunch: Click here to reserve your lunch
- 12:45 pm: Team #3: INABA/KHA (Jeff Inaba & Darien Williams – Brooklyn; Patrick Hobgood – Raleigh)
- 1:30 pm: Panel Discussion with all artists, PLUS Greensboro’s own Jim Gallucci (Facilitator – George Scheer, Elsewhere)
- 2:45 pm: Wrap-up
- 3 pm: Adjourn
- Click here to attend morning sessions (10:30 am to 12:15 pm Friday)
- Click here to reserve your free lunch (12:15 to 12:45 pm Friday)
- Click here to attend afternoon sessions (12:45 to 3 pm Friday)
While all sessions are free, space is limited. Use the links above to RSVP.
Reservations are required for lunch on Friday. CLICK HERE!
For more information, contact ArtsGreensboro Deputy Director Eleanor Schaffner-Mosh at (336) 333-7523, x242, or at ESMosh@artsgreensboro.org.