Eight Greensboro arts organizations are providing benefits to FaithAction ID cardholders
One-time ArtsGreensboro grant program—funded by the Joseph M. Bryan Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts—focuses on innovative programs that will build audiences
ArtsGreensboro and FaithAction International House announced today that eight Greensboro-based arts organizations have agreed to provide special benefits to FaithAction ID cardholders. These additional benefits have been made possible by an innovation grant awarded by ArtsGreensboro and funded by the Joseph M. Bryan Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA).
Established in 2013 after a series of dialogues between Greensboro’s diverse newcomer community, city officials, and law enforcement, the FaithAction ID program provides identification for any Greensboro resident who may not have access to government-issued forms of ID. Today, more than 7,000 people from over 40 countries are FaithAction ID cardholders; the program has inspired similar programs in Cincinnati and Houston.
Recognizing the arts’ ability to build bridges across cultures, faiths, and nationalities, FaithAction approached ArtsGreensboro about expanding the focus of the FaithAction ID card to include arts organizations. By offering a special benefit to ID cardholders, these innovative organizations are extending a generous welcome to our newest neighbors and building more diverse audiences for their own programs.
The eight FaithAction ID cultural arts partners and their offers for cardholders include:
• Center for Visual Artists: 10% off on all arts programming.
• Community Theatre of Greensboro: Buy one ticket, get one free for all CTG main stage and youth productions.
• Elsewhere: Free Admission
• GreenHill: One free Family Pass and/or one annual Household membership for $25.
• Greensboro Ballet: $5 off dance-class registration fee.
• Music Academy of N.C.: Registration fees waived for Fall, Spring, and Summer classes.
• Touring Theatre of N.C.: Two tickets for the price of one for all theatre productions.
• Weatherspoon Art Museum: $35 Family membership and/or $15 Individual membership rate. Non-English tours available upon request.
Greensboro newcomers are moved by these welcoming gestures from the arts community. FaithAction staff member and ID cardholder Dulce Ortiz said, “By supporting the FaithAction ID program, these organizations are saying they want me, my family, and my community to be part of their programs. It is a very clear invitation to make us feel welcome—especially at a time when many of us hear the opposite across the country. For example, we’ve never had a family membership to a museum and rarely have seen live theatre. These new partnerships will give my family the opportunity to explore our imaginations together and offer freedom of creative expression to my three kids. We are very grateful for these new partnerships, and are proud to live and belong in Greensboro.”