Position: Warehouse Associate
Status: Part Time/Hourly/Nonexempt
Direct Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Salary: $12 per hour
Hours: Saturday 9:45 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday 11:45 am to 5:00 pm
Reconsidered Goods (RG) is a 501c3 creative reuse nonprofit that promotes environmental awareness, community engagement, and creative expression through reuse, education, and the arts. We imagine a world where nothing is used once nor thrown away but instead reused again and again.
Warehouse Associates are responsible for performing warehouse functions including providing exceptional customer service as they receive, unpack, and sort donations. The position requires the ability to work efficiently, receiving and sorting donated goods into designated bins, pricing and processing specified items, and correctly redirecting donations to one of the many organizations Reconsidered Goods partners with. Warehouse associates interact with a variety of customers, volunteers, staff, and partner organizations. Oftentimes, the first experience people have with Reconsidered Goods is through donating items, so it is extremely important to represent the organization well.
- Greet donor vehicles, assisting with unloading (if necessary), offering donation receipts, and handling donations with gratitude and care.
- Efficiently sort goods according to warehouse guidelines, ensuring that items are quickly processed for resale and/or reuse
- Keep donation areas neat, clean, and organized
- Transport trash and recycling to outside dumpsters at the end of shift
- Practice safe behaviors at all times including maintaining clear access to emergency exits and equipment, clearing walkways from debris
- Handle customer complaints (confer with senior staff if necessary)
- Work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Assist team members in other areas of the organization as needed to meet RG goals
- Understand and promote Reconsidered Goods’ mission
- Assist management with closing duties (as needed)
- Assist volunteers by answering questions and pointing them in the right direction as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Training
- A high school or GED is preferred
- Must have basic computer skills
- Previous experience in retail setting or customer service environment is preferred
- Must be able to check emails and Slack (a messaging app), use Google calendar, and use mobile timeclock
- Must be flexible in working on multiple tasks with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent communication skills for working with customers where tact and positivity are required
- Must be able to read, understand, and speak English
- Interest in the arts and environmental sustainability preferred by not required
- Standing for long periods of time is required. Manual dexterity and normal grip are needed for keyboarding, preparing donation receipts, moving and sorting through donated goods.
- Must be able to safely handle heavy objects (40 lbs., frequently and consistently, occasionally there will
be heavier objects)
- Must be able to handle a very physical job with continuous walking, standing, climbing, lifting, reaching,
pulling, pushing, and bending
- Normal or corrected hearing and vision are required, along with speaking abilities.
- Must be able to stand working in varying temperatures (it can get hot in the warehouse in the summer). Exposed to outside weather conditions when helping donors unload goods or deposing trash.
- Subjected to moderate noise in varied work environments is characteristic of this job.
Interested candidates must email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is 5:00pm on Friday, January 27, 2023. No phone calls please.
Reconsidered Goods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – and we celebrate our employees’ differences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity, gender expression, and transgender), marital status, sexual orientation, sex stereotype, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, and genetic information. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.