Community Elevation Grant Application
The 2022 Community Elevation Grant Program Application Period is Now Closed.
Vision and Voice
Art and culture will play a role in community development and revitalization by using creative-based solutions to preserve, enhance and strengthen Guilford County neighborhoods. The program supports artistic projects that honor and elevate the interwoven relationships, history, and creative pulse of the community with those who directly benefit.
The voice of the community is at the center of this grant program.
The Community Elevation Program and ArtsGreensboro’s mission is use unexpected tools of creativity to drive community outcomes expressed by the citizens of East Greensboro in the following specific areas:
- Creative youth-centered projects to build trust, worthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship and self-actualization
- Creative projects that build a sense of community, bringing neighbors together and allowing them to express pride in their neighborhood
- Creative projects that encourage entrepreneurialism and business development with the goal of uplifting the community
- Creative projects that provide an opportunity for self-expression and communication
- Creative projects that raise awareness on the quality of life: nutrition, mental and physical well-being and help mitigate safety concerns through unconventional solutions
East Greensboro, NC 2023 District 2
The Community Elevation Grant is location specific and focuses on the unique needs of East Greensboro, NC. 2023 Projects will take place in Greensboro City Council District 2. All survey and forum responses were collected from this region of the City.
Eligible Projects: All projects are welcome but must contain artistic elements with one or more disciplines: music, dance visual arts and crafts, literature, spoken word, film, and performing arts. Creatives could also work in trades (examples: barbers, cosmetologists, woodworkers, culinary arts, landscaping, etc.)
Proposed projects must provide value and impact through community engagement.
Eligible Applicants: Individual Creative (community member and/or artist), creative collaborations, non-profit art organizations, for-profit art organizations. Applicant must be based in Guilford County, 21 years of age, and U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
More Information About the Grant
The total grant pool is $50,000, with the distribution of funding ranging from $2,000 to $10,000. Individual creatives, creative collaborations, for-profit and nonprofit arts organizations based in Guilford County are eligible to apply.
The Community Elevation Grant application will open on Wednesday, September 28, 2022. The application will close on Monday, October 24, 2022. ArtsGreensboro will conduct several informational sessions to help applicants with the grant. The virtual grant workshops will be held Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 10 AM and 5 PM via Zoom. An in-person grant workshop will be held October 1, 2022 at 10 AM at McGirt-Horton Branch Library.
The October 1 Informational Session has been postponed due to inclement weather. This session has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 8th, 2022, from 2:00 PM -4:00 PM at McGirt-Horton Library.
Review and Success
The CEG program is defined by the level of community participation in engagement activities, the ability of organizations, businesses, and individuals to build meaningful partnerships and collaborations within the neighborhood, and the opportunities presented for active listening and storytelling. Selected projects must have a sustainable impact on the community.
Criteria for application include:
- Community Impact of project or programs
- Artistic and Cultural quality of project or program
- Ability to plan and implement the project or program
- Stability and fiscal responsibility of the artist and/or organizations
If selected: Applicants must sign a contract before funding and will be responsible for reporting on the project with detailed descriptions, participation statistics, and demographic information, and provide photos/video of the project in progress and at the time of completion. A financial budget will be required if the project is selected for funding.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Monday, October 24, 2022
Community Elevation Grant Funders
Thank you to the following supporters for making this grant possible:
- Cone Mills Charitable Trust
- Cone Health Foundation
- Duke Energy Foundation
- Joseph M. Bryan Foundation
- Mary Lynn Richardson Fund
- National Endowment for the Arts
- The P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation
- Truist Foundation
- VF Foundation
- Wells Fargo Foundation