The Application Period is Now Closed
About The Grant
Artists in all disciplines are eligible to apply for grants to support their professional and artistic development through a partnership of the North Carolina Arts Council and Arts Davidson County, Davie County Arts Council, The Arts Council of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County, Randolph Arts Guild, and The Arts Council of Greater Greensboro.
Grants will range in awards from $500 to $2,000. Artist Support Grants will be distributed to eligible applicants by The Arts Council of Greater Greensboro in the following counties: Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, and Randolph.
Artists must have lived in the region where they are applying continuously for at least one year prior to the application deadline. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien. Proof of residency and status may be required. Artists who live in more than one region should apply only where they spend the majority of the year.
Small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to apply. All members of a collaborating team must be North Carolina residents, live in the region where they are applying, and meet the other eligibility requirements. Résumés documenting residence from all team members should be included with the application
- The Artist Support Grant is intended to support a broad range of talented visual, performing, literary, and interdisciplinary artists.
- Eligible candidates may be either emerging or established artists.
- Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to spending a significant portion of their time on their work as artists.
- The grant is open to resident N.C. artists in all disciplines, from traditional to contemporary and established to emerging.
- The grant can be used to support a range of professional and artistic development;
- Creation of new work;
- Improvement of business operations;
- Marketing/expanding capacity to reach new audiences;
- Artist fees.
- Artists who have received an Artist Support Grant from FY 21-22 or FY 22-23 or are the sole proprietor of an organization that has received FY 22-23 funds from the NC Arts Council are ineligible to apply.
- Current board and staff members of the participating partner organizations and their family members are not eligible to apply for the award.
Emerging or established artists are encouraged to apply to support a range of professional and artistic development including the creation of work, improvement of business operations, or expanding capacity to bring work to new audiences. Artist fees are also allowable expenses. Artists in all disciplines are eligible to apply.
Join The Arts Council of Greater Greensboro and The Arts Council of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County for two virtual informational sessions. The sessions are Wednesday, August 16th, from 5:30-6:30 PM and Wednesday, August 23, from 11:00-12:30 PM. Here, you can meet with the grant coordinators and learn more about the grant process. Registration for each session is required.
Artist Support grants are designed to support creatives through professional and artistic development. Artist Support Grants cannot be used for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate- or graduate-level education.
- Projects that support or oppose a particular candidate for public office.
- Projects that are exclusive to members of a particular religious faith group.
- Non-profit initiatives.
- Projects that do not have a direct effect on the applicant’s growth as an artist (e.g. the promotion of other artists’ work).